Notes for Elizabeth 'Betsy' E. Frazier
Was Elizabeth born in Brunswick Co, Virginia?
Elizabeth Frazier was first married to Allen Goodrum about 1812, probably in Georgia.
1860 Eastern Subdivision, Nolensville PO, Williamson Co, Tennessee, 14 November 1860, p196a:
#210/202 C.S. Bittick 33 m w farmer $9,000/16,000 Tn [Cyrus Samuel]
E.E. 21 f w Ga [Emmaline E. Goodrum]
J.G. 2 m w Tn [John Goodrum Bittick]
M.E. 2/12 f w Tn [Mary Elizabeth Bittick]
E. 64 f w NC [Elizabeth Frazier Goodrum Bittick]
J. 35 m w farmer $6,000/14,000 Tn [Josephus Bittick]
Margaret Goodrum of Ft. Lauderdale Florida in 1998 in her Knott Genealogy "The Ancestry of Elizabeth Knott Frazier" (typescript in possession of Rollie J. Bittick) states that Elizabeth left most of her estate to her four Goodrum children. Extract of the will is listed but no source.
The will of Elizabeth Frazier Goodrum Bitteck:
1) To Anderson J Goodrum - her son- 1 negro woman Anney and her child Will ($1100)
2) James A. Goodrum - her son - 1 negro man, Bob ($900) and $100 cash.
3) Jane E. Knott - her Daughter - 1 negro woman, Nancy and her child Purliner ($1000) during Jane's natural life and then to her heirs
4) To Granddaughter Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas H. Goodrum - one negro girl Mary Jane. If Elizabeth dies without issue, the negro girl and her increase is to go to her brothers and sisters. Also 1 bedstead and furniture.
5) To Granddaughter Cordelia A. Goodrum - 1 bedstead and furniture
6) To Granddaughter Martha D. Goodrum - 1 bedstead and furniture
7) All other remainder of the estate is to be sold and divided among her children:
Anderson J. Goodrum
Thomas H. Goodrum
James A. Goodrum
Jane E. Knott
Cyrus S. Bitteck
William D. Bitteck
Atlantic M. Chrisman
Colllelia (sic) E. Shannon
[courtesy of Dorothy Miller]
Buried: Bittick Cemetery, Williamson Co, Tennessee
b. 5 Oct 1792
d. 18 Dec 1862
Bittick Cemetery. Location: 17th District. There is a stone enclosure located at the corner of Burk Hollow and Clovercroft Roads in which there is at least one member of the Bittick family buried. There is room in the enclosure for two graves, but only one tombstone was found. Information by Mr. Vance Little.
BITTICK, Elizabeth E.; Wife of S. F. Bittick, b -- d. December 18, 1862.
[Copied at Clayton Library, Houston TX. Courtesy of Johnny and Janie Bittick]
Her grave is described as a long rock walled grave at intersection of Burk Hollow Road and Nolenville-Franklin Road. [courtesy of Dorothy Miller]
| HOME | SURNAMES |
Page built by Gedpage Version 2.20 ©2000 on 17 April 2014
Legal Disclaimer; Copyright 2002-2014 by Show Me...The Bitticks;
Mary Bittick Gallano and Ronda J. Snider