Notes for William Bittick
1. October 20, 1799, William was born [see Heirlooms--Francis & Mary Bittick Bible Record]
2. September 14, 1819, William Bicets signed Petition to the President by Inhabitants of the Howard Land District, [present day Franklin County, Missouri] Louisiana-Missouri Territory, to replace Henry Carroll as Land Register [ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ar/misc/Pet8.txt]
3. 1820, Howard Co, Missouri Tax List (Wm Bicets)
4. Abt. 1822, Missouri, William married Permelia 'Pamela' Smith.
5. September 1826, St. Louis Co, Missouri, William died.
6. October 2, 1826, St. Louis Co, Missouri, probate filed [see below & Probates: William Bittick (b. 1799) Probate File, Item 1-Administrator's Bond)
7. 1890, William was named as a son of Francis in the letter written by Samuel Guinn Bittick [see Heirlooms-1890 Samuel Guinn Bittick Letter, page 1].
Courtesy of Mary Bittick Gallano:
Probate Vol A, p270, File #732, dated Oct 2, 1826 St. Louis Co., MO
... Whereas WILLIAM BITTICK, late of the County of St. Louis, deceased, died intestate as it is said and you, GEORGE SMITH having given sufficient security, I therefore give and grant unto you, the said GEORGE SMITH full power and authority to administer all and singular the goods, chattels, rights & convents of the said deceased, lying and being within the said County of St. Louis, and to demand, collect and in a legal manner require and receive all and all manner of debt and debts of the same according to the law; and lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint you the said, GEORGE SMITH, adminstrator of all and singular the goods, chattels, rights and credits of the said deceased.
In testimony whereof I have here unto set my hand and seal of office at St. Louis this Second day of October in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Twenty Six and of this independence of Missouri the seventh.
M. P. Ledue, Judge of the Probate Court. Recorded October 2nd, 1826 of which I certify. M. P. Ledue, J. Prob. (FHC Film #1405568, St. Louis, MO Record of Wills 1816-1849).
Widow, PAMELA (Smith) Bittick Pyatt, daughter of George Smith administrator of William's estate. Minor son, Thomas Bittick, File of Minors #131, dated 4 Aug 1829--St. Louis Probate/Guardian. George Smith, Guardian dated 4 Aug 1829.
| HOME | SURNAMES |
Page built by Gedpage Version 2.20 ©2000 on 12 June 2012
Legal Disclaimer; Copyright 2002-2013 by Show Me...The Bitticks;
Mary Bittick Gallano and Ronda J. Snider